This position will be responsible for providing the managerial and technical expertise necessary to direct the efforts of a project team and to support other project teams. The project team consists of contractors from various crafts as well as members of department as assigned. Responsibilities include analysis, recommendation, implementation, cost justification and follow-up on projects designed to increase or improve productivity, capacity, or safety.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT
- Analyze production and processing problems and initiate project definitions to resolve them.
- Ensure timely and within budget completion of the projects as assigned by his/her manager.
- Evaluates the feasibility of conceptual projects and prepares detailed analysis, including time and cost for completing the projects.
- Assures that assigned projects are in compliance with State, Federal and local codes which encompass environmental protection, FDA requirements, OSHA, and hazardous waste-related issues.
- Communicate and report status of each project to the management and department that sponsors the project.
- Maintain awareness of current pharmaceutical manufacturing needs and standards and initiates programs/projects to achieve the goal of facility being a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing site.
- Directs and coordinates activities of various vendors for each project to eliminate any potential conflict and assures that vendors comply with all the safety rules and regulations.
- Prepares URS, Risk Assessments, Safety Assessments associated with the project.
- Prepare specifications for projects to include all dimensions, electrical, HVAC and mechanical considerations.
- Must have a BS in engineering or equivalent related experience.
- Must have at least 5-years plant manufacturing experience.
- Must have at least 5 years hands on experience specifying, configuring and troubleshooting PLC based control systems.
- Must have at least 5 years hands on experience specifying, configuring and troubleshooting Operator Interfaces and SCADA systems.
- Must have at least 5 years experience specifying, configuring and troubleshooting instrumentation
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCad or SolidWorks
- Must be familiar with State, Federal and local codes.
- Must have a good understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently and set priority for himself/herself as well as team members
- Desirable to have Project Management experience in a food, pharmaceutical or regulated environment.
- Desirable to have experience with Allen-Bradley control systems, Instillation SCADA systems and CTC operator interfaces.
- Desirable to have experience with Vision Systems
- Desirable to have experience with Servo Controls.
- Desirable to have experience with Siemens Building Automation Software
- Six Sigma Training a plus
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.