At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
*This postion may be located at: Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Denver, CO; or St. Paul, MN*
Provide engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- · Construction observation
- · Create and follow design, specifications, plans, maps, and project schedule
- · Use design software to prepare design documents
- · Read and interpret construction plans
- · Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- · Utilize effective written and oral communication
- · Begin to assist with planning, organizing, coordinating, prioritizing and monitoring client relations, contractors, and public involvement
- · Demonstrate the ability to create, review, and redline documents independently
- · Manage production engineering within scope
- · Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- · Assist with RFPs and interviews
- · Begin to assist with contracts, scope of services and budgets
- · A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- · An EIT is required (completion of the fundamentals of engineering exam)
- · Experience level is 2+ years
- · Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- · Knowledge in the National Electrical Code
- · Experience in electrical contracting
- · Previous experience or knowledge relating to aviation, municipal, transportation, and vertical electrical design is preferred
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week. The percentage of time spent in the field and office will vary.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- · Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- · Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- · Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- · Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
- · Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- · Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Closing Date: 10/2/2018
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.