Project Engineer/Calibrator Transmission & Driveline Systems
Auburn Hills, MI - Contract
Productive Resources(www.prhires.com)is seeking acandidateto be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Auburn Hills, MI. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will primarily be responsible for conducting vehicle-based evaluations and calibration of transmission and driveline systems. Your responsibilities will include supporting a variety of projects encompassing several aspects of powertrain, driveline calibration and vehicle/component development. You will be expected to conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits. The engineer will also be responsible for planning experiments, setup and data acquisition, analyzing and interpreting results to guide future tests, and preparing detailed customer presentations/reports. Hands-on aptitudes/interest with strong attention to detail and desire/ability to understand test results calibration changes and according documentation is key.
This is a full-time position that is indefinite in duration with theopportunityof professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Understanding of transmissions and driveline components.
- Experience with powertrain/vehicle/test cell data acquisition.
- Demonstrated teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on aptitudes/interest.
- Demonstrated experience in vehicle & driveline testing and calibration.
- Demonstrated ability to lead testing / calibration projects and provide direction to less experienced engineers as well as technicians/fabricators.
- Able to periodic travel to Peoria, IL.
- Working knowledge of all types of transmissions (planetary automatic, manual, DCT, CVT, etc.).
- Transmission/driveline and/or engine calibration.
- Programming (Excel/Visual Basic, MATLAB, etc.).
- Data acquisition equipment HW/SW such as ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, CANape, CANalyzer, CSM, etc.
- Hybrid systems / high voltage system knowledge.
- Understanding of electrical circuits / wiring.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- At least 3-year experience in related positions.
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 2001. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
Our engineering staff is located both at our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer CompetitiveBenefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.