The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for managing, coordinating and improving the transportation network throughout the organization, domestically and internationally.
- Engineer solutions cross-functionally to build inbound and outbound transportation capabilities
- Drive operational excellence by establishing clear expectations, frequently reviewing performance and anticipating and preparing for unforeseen challenges, while providing solutions for business continuity
- Accountable for leading best practices to the overall work process, analytics, delivery methods, service and sustainability
- Conduct vendor Quarterly Business Reviews with key vendors
- Monitoring and analyzing the current system of production or provision to check its effective, and working out a strategy for improving if necessary.
- Act as process owner and serve as a super user for transportation management system with support and collaboration from the IT department
- Drive business requirements and the architecture for leading technology platform supporting managed freight solutions
- Develop standard operating procedures and enforce compliance
- Develop and utilize service metrics to drive performance, improve efficiency, quality and member satisfaction
- Plans, implements and monitors day-to-day transportation operations
- Responsible for overall operations performance by setting direction for the Team through leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly analytical approach to problem solving, leveraging expertise in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong negotiation skills; manages carrier bid process.
- In depth knowledge of U.S. customs import law and clearance process
- In depth knowledge of HAZMAT in relation to fragrance and cosmetics
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- A self-director who can manage their own timelines and set priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to assess situations quickly and provide alternate solutions is key to success.
- Ability to influence others and lead the business with vision and strategy.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical.
- Ability to develop new tools and processes to support Capacitys overall goals and objectives.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain management or business preferred
- 1-3 years experience in logistics, supply chain, or related field
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical, and customer service skills required
- Intermediate Excel skills required
Shearers Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Apply now
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.