The Fred W. Albrecht Grocery Company, DBA: Acme Fresh Markets (“Company”) is a privately held company headquartered in Akron, Ohio with 16 grocery stores in Northeast, Ohio. Acme has been feeding the families of Northeast Ohio for over 125 years.
The Company is seeking candidates for the position of Category Manager, Grocery. Areas of responsibility could include grocery categories, dairy, and frozen.
The Category Manager, Grocery is responsible for:
- Managing the sales and gross margin of designated grocery departments or categories to achieve budgeted goals.
- Developing and implementing store merchandising and marketing programs to increase Sales.
- Evaluating potential new products and selecting products to increase Sales..
- Learning and mastering Acme’s retail/cost computer systems, Retail Ideas, and JDA.
- Knowledge and understanding of the all Grocery Department Productivity Reports and Action Plans.
- Managing retails and costs to achieve a targeted gross margin.
The ambition and self-discipline to guide departments and categories within grocery into the future.
A talent and passion for merchandising products.
Courage and talent to drive down our costs of goods through excellent negotiations skills.
Educational background in Accounting or Financial Analysis.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is not a remote position. Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to THIS EMAIL . The “subject line” of the e-mail must contain your full name followed by the title, “Category Manager, Grocery”. All submissions must be sent no later than February 12, 2019.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.