Our Client is a leading independent midstream company that provides gathering, treating, processing, transportation and marketing services in North American producing regions.
Our client is seeking a full-time Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) Technician who, under supervision of Maintenance Manager, diagnoses instrument and electrical systems problems. Services, troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces, aligns, and maintains instrument and electrical instrument systems, system components, motor control circuits, power supplies, and PLCs. Performs minimal analytical troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance with analytical systems specialist supervision. Requires experience as an Instrument & Electrical Systems Technician with verifiable industrial maintenance experience.
I&E maintenance technicians apply I&E expertise daily to insure the safe and reliable operation of plant facilities. This is accomplished by executing assigned work according to plan and schedule, noting any job plan deviations, and providing input on improvement opportunities.
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment. Responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations and relevant codes.
- Provide technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the installation, acceptance testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of unit E&I equipment. Equipment includes analyzers, various types of motors, PLCs, DCSs, motor control centers, and instrumentation such as thermocouples, transmitters, control valves, and flow meters.
- Reviewing assigned job scopes for completeness and understanding. Acquiring all necessary parts, tools, and instructions prior to starting the job to maximize work efficiency. Following all necessary safety procedures and practices to insure energy isolation and proper clearance of lines.
- Ensuring work is completed per company and industry standards.
- Working with equipment owner to complete task in a safe and timely manner.
- Updating supervisor on job progress and any problems encountered in completing the defined scope of work.
- Completing all documentation using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to tasks as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimize impact to process units.
- Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in reliability/improvement teams.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Candidate will also be required to mentor other I&E maintenance technicians or contractors when necessary.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalency
- 5+ years of operations, I&E, or equivalent experience in an industrial environment.
- Previous job experience in gas processing facility a plus.
- An associate degree in electronics, instrumentation, or computer systems technology is preferred.
- Completion of electrical apprenticeship or certification is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to provide overtime coverage and be willing and able to work occasional call-outs.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment); to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment; to work outside, year round under various weather conditions; to stand and walk for extended periods of time; to work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting; to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders; to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret common P&ID's, equipment drawings, and schematics.
- Complete tasks wearing required personal protective equipment which may include fire protective clothing, goggles, face shields, gloves, steel toe boots, hearing protection, respirators, etc.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse set of cross functional groups.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficient computer skills are required to effectively use requisite software applications.
- Able to operate various types of equipment including hand, power, and machine tools.
Midland / Odessa, TX Area
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.