Seeking a talented finance professional with Mergers & Acquisitions experience in private equity, management consulting, or a related field, for a Corporate Development & Strategy Associate with a global, private equity owned manufacturing company. The Corporate Development & Strategy Associate facilitates the development and execution of the company’s long-term growth strategy, including strategic planning, operating initiatives, and acquisitions.
Responsibilities call into three categories: M&A, Division Strategic Planning, and Corporate Communications. Day-to-day responsibilities include analytics and project leadership for cross-functional teams that analyze, and present high priority projects, such as the due diligence, valuation and financial modeling, and execution of M&A and corporate development related opportunities. This position is based at the company’s world headquarters in Portland, Oregon. A relocation package is available.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Division Strategic Planning
- Support President & COO in maintenance and monitoring of M&A targets
- Perform initial company, valuation, and market analysis for potential acquisitions
- Support cross-functional due diligence team to evaluate acquisitions and present findings to the M&A Steering Committee and Board of Directors
- Consult M&A Steering Committee on active transactions and integration of completed transactions
- Support business unit leaders with ad hoc analyses
- Produce detailed competitor reports, including valuation, customer, competitor, product, and market analyses
- Compile market opportunity reports, including scoping market size, profitability, distribution methods, and competitors
- Lead weekly Senior Leadership Team package, including market overview, comparable valuations, economic indicators (housing, unemployment, and commodities), and relevant industry news
- Support CEO and COO in development, implementation, and monitoring of strategic objectives
- Develop and facilitate annual corporate strategic planning process
- Support Senior leadership on top initiatives including Project sponsor support and root cause analysis
- Support implementation of corrective actions
- Work with cross-functional teams for quarterly reporting, analysis, and presentation to the Board of Directors
- Develop internal and external messaging and materials for Office of the CEO
- Direct and oversee Global Corporate Communications strategy to effectively inform all Team Members of corporate initiatives, goals, and corporate updates
- Provide communications expertise, support and advice to the CEO to translate complex messages into clear, concise communications suitable for all audiences
- Prepare memos, presentations and communications for Senior Leadership Team
- Review and approve graphic designs, images, video, and other digital content for internal and external use
- Coordinate video production for Office of the CEO, including preparation of scripts
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to identify compelling stories that align with business objectives and key messages
- Identify and recommend high-quality, innovative, cost-effective communication channels
- Create and provide support for consistent application of communication channel guidelines
- 4-year degree in finance, economics, or related field required. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or a related field, specifically with meaningful experience in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Experience using Thomson One, FactSet or Capital IQ, and Dun & Bradstreet; Hoovers or Selectory also acceptable.
- Strong time and project management skills and ability to complete deliver professional, high quality results on time.
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to express oneself clearly, in technical and non-technical terms.
- High personal integrity and initiative, creative thinker, collaborative and effective team player, and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes.
- Take initiative to seek out and act on opportunities to improve organization performance.
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve said goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills, data management software (SAP preferred).
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.