See all jobs in Akron OH
Job Location: Akron, OH
Before applying to this position understand that our client is looking for people that want to make an impact. People that are anxious to embrace an international company and an Industry leader. If you don't want continuous training and development opportunities than this is not the position for you. Our client will invest in you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
including (but not limited to):
- Handles escalation of tax issues, filings as required for local, state, and federal payroll tax returns, calculation and reporting of tax liabilities,
- Responds to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, researches laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures and special reports for senior management.
- Apply for Agency ID numbers, work with the Tax Department to determine other tax liabilities and registrations which may be needed outside of payroll liabilities. Setup POA’s.
- Inactivate accounts as necessary as well as re-activate any accounts in jeopardy of becoming inactive. (Will work with the Payroll Manager for final approval)
- Assists the Payroll Manager in ensuring payroll staff’s understanding of the implementation of payroll system:
- Requirements and revisions, in identifying need for system revisions
- Formulating system requests and recommendations and analyzing post-implementation results of system changes
- Drives and manages process improvement throughout department
- Serves as the backup and will perform all the duties of other payroll and tax analyst associates in their absence.
- Completes final audit of payrolls prior to being sent to the Payroll Manager for final approval.
- Performs periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors under the direction of the Payroll Manager.
- Identifies risk and non-compliance.
- Controls system access, completes all necessary paperwork for sign off by Payroll Manager.
- Works with payroll vendor on escalated issues within department
- Works with the Payroll Manager on updates and changes within the Time and Attendance application and has an intermediate to an advanced degree of proficiency with Automated Time and Attendance applications.
- Documents and updates procedures.
- Provide direction to payroll associates through structured coaching and mentoring process
- Reviews all escalated items with the Payroll Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herewith are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in a Payroll Department supporting over 1,000 associates
- Knowledge of all aspects of payroll processing as well as taxation and filings, reporting and voluntary deductions
- Excels in a collaborative environment and looks for opportunities for process improvement
- Sound PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- In-depth knowledge of Expatriates, Employee Stock Options, Moving Expenses, and Canadian Payrolls, as well as other wages with special taxation, W-2 or compliance requirements.
- Must be able to commit to the deadlines and workload of the department.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and as required holidays and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Must have heavy full range experience processing payrolls from setup to clock in through W-2 reconciliation and balance as well as ADP tax, tax compliance, filing of returns, heavy reporting and auditing experience.
- Proven record of system and process improvement, documentation review and creation experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional certification preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Minimum 8 years payroll experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated and problem-solver
- Ability to understand and comply with internal controls, procedures and process requirements
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with all levels of employees, ability to build and maintain relationships, prepare presentations and comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Ability to balance task priorities, special requests and employee inquires and still provide World Class Customer Service while balancing business needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a team, lead meetings, and work independently.
- 20% of this position’s functions are routine. This position requires a high degree of judgement and involves a medium to high exposure risk to the company.
Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence effectively and to speak fluently with internal and external customers.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.