A national service company in the San Fernando Valley seeks a Senior Corporate Accountant. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Director of Finance and Regional Controller to support the ongoing business unit finance and accounting functions. This is a key accounting role responsible for general accounting functions, month-end close, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and other related ad hoc activities. Great benefits package includes PTO, Flex Spending Account, Matching 401K, Health, Dental and Vision.
- Take a leadership role in the month-end close process.
- Other accounting duties will include preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and other fluctuation analysis.
- Assist Regional Controller in ensuring adequate internal controls are being monitored and maintained including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Work with external audit firm on annual and interim audits and preparing documentation for audit selections.
- Work with branch offices to troubleshoot accounting issues related to billings, A/R, A/P, payroll etc.
- Ad hoc analyses where required to support finance operations.
- Four-year accounting degree – CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Excel to perform spreadsheet and financial analysis
- Experience with JD Edwards and TM1 preferred.
- Project Coordination – Working with a Project Manager, manage document control including change orders, billings, field production tracking, purchasing documentation and contract administration
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.