We've partnered with an outstanding E&P company with plans of extensive growth over the next few years.
With a strong drilling program in place, our client will be looking to hire a Production Accounting Supervisor.
This Supervisor will report to the Operations Accounting Manager and be a sole contributor initially. There will be potential to hire a subordinate down the road.
- Performs various forms of ad hoc reporting for both internal and external stakeholders; may process routine and non-routine journal entries; may reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare roll forwards as needed; will assist in other Production accounting responsibilities such as the recording and reporting of all transactions involving the gathering, processing and transporting of natural gas, natural gas liquids, condensate and crude oil for all assets
- Owns and manages the Production allocation process
- Performs data validation on the system outputs including well allocation and field allocation
- Audits the development and improvement process and procedures currently in place to account for oil and gas volumes
- Manages activities that normally involve planning, organizing, directing, and controlling activities of a function within the department
- Monitors production allocations in line with current contracts and agreements
- Produces and presents integrated recommendations to management for approval
- Recognizes new and developing plans and manages departmental change effectively
- Supports strategies and implements information systems and controls to monitor progress towards achieving broader financial, operational, and capital investment goals
- Works with Controller on tactical/strategic action to progress the Production Accounting objectives
- Retains authority and freedom to act within delegated departmental guidelines and shares responsibility for final actions taken that impact the department
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred
- CPA certification
- 15+ years of work experience in related field
- Oil and Gas experience required
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Merrick system experience highly preferred
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.