Design Engineer – Medical Packaging:
Company: My client is a leading manufacturer of high quality plastic packaging products. They are unique in the products and solutions they can offer their customers and excel in cleanroom, medical device packaging and more. They have been in business for 70 years and have continued to grow with multiple production facilities, advanced technology and equipment, tooling, and more. They have a strong history in the business and a long tenured team – many of the technical professionals you will work with have been there for 20 years or more! This company has been willing to invest back in organization as well and foster their growth, recently investing several millions of dollars on new equipment.
- The ownership is committed to the growth of the organization and is willing to invest money back into the company.
- Dedicated to employee investment and offers ample opportunities for growth. With little turnover as well, the pay special attention to employee satisfaction.
- Promoting from within! They strongly encourage this and give employees autonomy in their roles.
- Innovative packaging solutions, offer state-of-the-art technology, and excellent customer service.
They appreciate employees by providing:
- Strong salaries with strong bonus potential
- Growth opportunities as the organization continues to expand
- 401K, generous benefits, and relocation assistance
Your role within the organization:
This is a hands-on opportunity, highly visible role working with customers, responsible for the product design, tooling design, and quality assurance for thermoformed prototypes and production activities. This role is dual hatted and allows you to work with several areas throughout the organization such as sales, quality and manufacturing. You will use your technical expertise in being able to ask the right questions to create the customer’s desired vision or help resolve their problems. You will put together new product offering presentations for your customers. This role will determine the feasibility of product proposals while preparing any design modifications required.
- BS Degree, in Engineering, Design, Plastics, or Packaging preferred but will accept other fields
- 2+ years experience with thermoforming prototype design ideal, or injection molding, blow molding, or plastic product design (medical device a plus)
- Advanced level proficiency in SolidWorks or other 3D software
- Must be able to provide a high level of customer service and be able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven results with previous customers
This position is located on the Northwest side of Minneapolis, MN. This area is part of the twin cities and is a huge metro hub for manufacturing and consumers goods companies, so a great place to continue to grow your career. Known for a reasonable cost of living, great schools, but plenty of access to downtown life, sporting events, and more right along the Mississippi River.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.