This position performs compliance related duties including the initial review of corporate actions, tax return preparation and tax related research. This entails analyzing financial data and/or general ledger accounts to calculate tax adjustments.
- Responsible for tax return preparation for mutual funds including Federal, State and Local tax returns.
- Identify and analyze appropriate fund financial data and/or general ledger accounts, determine and calculate tax adjustments required for the preparation of tax returns.
- Perform periodic testing of specific IRS requirements to ensure compliance with regulated investment company status for funds with more complex security holdings and portfolio strategies.
- Perform technical research relating to a variety of tax issues, including securities new to the funds, and ensure that tax accounting policies and accounting systems are appropriate.
- Perform initial review of corporate actions, concluding on the proper tax treatment and referring the more complex actions to the appropriate supervisor as necessary.
- Provide technical support to various internal and external auditor personnel in regard to tax-related inquiries as well as technical issues.
At Keystone Staffing Solutions, we are a team of diverse business professionals that is committed to delivering exceptional results. Whether you are a candidate or client, we are dedicated to addressing your specific business needs by establishing lasting relationships locally and nationally. We are more than a recruiting firm; we are a team of trusted Advisors that value both you and your business.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 12 credits in Accounting required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional tax experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and corporate tax experience required; or 5 years experience in the accounting/financial administration aspects of mutual funds.
- CPA certification or significant progress towards attainment preferred
- Knowledge of tax principles and policies applicable to financial services industry, mutual funds and/or securities preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Exposure to review or in-charge responsibilities preferred.
- Compliance and technical tax research skills, including practical application of tax law/findings preferred.
*Our brand is our commitment to our people, internal and external; we promise consistency, transparency, quality and reliability.
For more information on available opportunities, please go to: https://www.keystonestaffingllc.com/
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.