Construction Laborer- Pipe-layer & Utilities
Location- Martinsburg, WV region
*Candidates should reside within 45 minutes of shop and willing to travel as a crew Monday – Friday. Some projects are local, home daily.
Our Client, a well-established utility construction company, is seeking a full-time, experienced, and hardworking construction laborer to join their crew.
- 3+ years of general construction/mechanical maintenance experience preferable working on utilities construction projects
- 1+ years as a pipelaying experience and knowledge of utility pipe work is plus
- Must be in good physical shape for fast paced, laboring construction environment, must be able to lift/carry 50lbs unassisted
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb and twist continuously throughout the day
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Have general knowledge and ability to use construction equipment and tools
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Manual labor and shovel work. This is a labor-intensive job.
- Loading and transporting materials and equipment to various job site locations.
- Assisting in job site setup.
- Operating specialized construction equipment and vehicles, safely, productively, and according to company policy.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate paperwork (time cards, logbooks, receipts, etc.).
- Assisting crew members in the installation of utilities and services.
- Assist in the breaking of blacktop/concrete roadways and sidewalks, digging the excavations by hand, cleaning of the underground pipe, tapping it and connecting to newly installed mains and or services
- Completing various tasks as assigned
- Operate air tools such as jack hammers, rock drills and clay spades
- Perform assigned duties in a timely manner
- Able to follow instruction
Compensation & Scheduled Overview:
- Hourly rate based on experience
- Insurance coverage is available after 90 days of service
- 401K with Company Match
- Must have the ability to work on out of town and local projects
- Company pays lodging if out of town
- Typically, daytime shifts but some evening, weekends and holidays may be required
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay offered
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.