Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Established Multibillion-Dollar Houston-Based Company w/ Diverse Portfolio of Subsidiaries
Location: West-Houston Area
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit
Comp: Market Base, Plus 15% Bonus Target
Other: Low travel - Usually two planned domestic trips per year, positive employee/family-focused culture offering “real” work-life balance, excellent benefit package, modern multi-building campus w/cafeteria, private onsite state-of-the-art gym, free access to trainers and workout classes
The Senior Internal Auditor, under the leadership of the Audit Manager and supported by the Manger of Business Advisory & Audit Services and Director of Audit, will bring value-added services to the audit team in the form of recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiencies.
You will bring an understanding of financial reporting and controls, risk analysis and quantitative and analytical techniques to understand the Company and subsidiary companies operating, financial and accounting systems.
The Senior Internal Auditor also must demonstrate strong project execution skills, sound decision making-skills; effective communication skills, and be comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Support internal audit operations within the Company and subsidiary companies to ensure the integrity of financial operations, protect company assets and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operating and accounting controls.
- Plan and execute a variety of audit engagements, including operational reviews, financial and compliance audits and business process and control assessments.
- Identify audit exceptions, internal control weaknesses, inefficient practices and procedures, and recommend creative and effective corrective action.
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations and reasons for each apparent deficiency.
- Analyze findings by applying professional accounting and auditing principles, prepare comprehensive audit reports and work papers, schedules and summaries.
- Fully coordinate and communicate actions and audit report findings within the Company and subsidiary companies and Audit Manager.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Audit Manager to ensure all work papers, memos, reports and narratives are complete and have been reviewed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance three to five years experience in auditing, public accounting audit experience desired.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.