We are recruiting a Billing Manager for a healthcare client in Gainesville, FL. This position will report directly to the Revenue Cycle Manager and will work hand in hand with the billing consultant,
The initial salary for the position is $35,000. The company also offers unlimited PTO and a 401k with 1% match.
Candidates for the billing manager position should possess intimate knowledge of the HCPCS L-Code system, CMS regulations and billing practices including the LCDs, specific coding guidelines and document requirements, and would ideally be proficient in OPIE software. In addition, the successful candidate will have working knowledge of billing commercial insurances, workman’s compensation insurers and Medicaid payers. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with clinical staff and be able to present emerging regulations for operative compliance.
The billing manager is responsible for:
- Clean and timely submission of all claims.
- Creating billing policies and procedures in line with current Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer requirements.
- Ensure accounts receivable records are accurate and complete at all times.
- Claim scrub prior to submission
- Claim submissions via clearinghouse, mail, and/or fax
- Responding to requests for additional information, appeals, and/or reconsiderations with payers
- Consistent and timely follow up on all outstanding claims
- Resolves problems with payer portals, clearinghouse, and software
- Filing EOBs
- Processing insurance and patient payments in OPIE Billing
- Mail patient statements and complete follow up phone calls when needed
- Utilize dashboards and reports to participate in weekly revenue cycle meetings as a part of the RCM team
- Provide summary of AR standing at weekly staff meetings
- Attend training webinars offered by payers and OPIE
- Sending accounts approved by revenue cycle manager to collections agency
- Cover front desk duties during patient administrative coordinator’s lunch hours, absences, and vacation
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Healthcare, preferably orthotic and prosthetic, billing experience
- Comfort level discussing one-on-one with patients about their health care, insurances and financial obligations
- Ability to create, analyze and learn processes, not just follow them
- Meets productivity requirements and completes work in a timely manner
- Strong computer literacy: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Respect for the dignity of different people
- Detail-oriented focus, strong work ethic, and professional demeanor
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.