Commercial Wholesale Brokerage Underwriter
Supports goals of the Commercial Brokerage team by:
- Underwriting, pricing, and documentation of new and renewal policies and endorsements in accordance with their authority
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with brokers via email, phone, and in
- Stays abreast of technical, industry and regulatory requirements in assigned areas of
A successful Underwriter I / II will possess good oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze detail, ability to exercise judgment and discretion with no supervision within authority guidelines, and strong organizational discipline.
- Use critical thinking skills, to perform independent risk analysis to underwrite, price, and document underwriting thought process for new and renewal policies and endorsements in accordance with their authority statement and best practices. Underwriting includes assessing insurance risks presented to the company, receiving applications and reviewing the operations of each prospective insured, using independent judgement to determine research required regarding risk, determining whether the risks fit within business appetite and guidelines, and reviewing and evaluating loss history. Pricing includes using judgement to determine the correct pricing within a set
- Support other underwriters in all facets of underwriting, workflow and service on accounts outside of their own authority including, but not limited to determining risk acceptability, pricing, coverage terms, evaluating submissions and
- Ensure thought process documentation is accurate and completed within best practices department
- Review inspections and alert Underwriter or Sr. Underwriter of any significant differences on the report than on the policy that could alter our underwriting
- Provide excellent customer service including personal interaction via phone, email, and in person with brokers and other external
- Attend industry and customer events and make production calls in a group. Individual calls will be allowed, but not required in this
- Understand and report on publicly known competitor activity in the
- Underwrite and offer binding quotes on renewal accounts within
- Write quality referrals for decisions outside of
- Support teamwork and collaboration. Promote and contribute to a high performance team culture which values individual and team
- Represent the company in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner at all times.
- Support and promote the corporate goals established by the management.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, equivalent insurance education, or related insurance experience is
- Understands sense of urgency around providing excellent customer service and appropriate attention to business
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to interact effectively with a range of
- Proficient math skills to perform duties of assigned
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with computers and work productivity
- Ability to travel overnight as needed
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.