Machine Shop LeadIrvine, CA
This position works in a high-paced job shop environment. The Machine Shop Lead must work closely with other manufacturing departments, Material Planners, and all levels of management to manage and oversee changing priorities.In this function you will :
- Build teamwork among all associates through communication and motivation to support achieving department and plant goals ensure that employees have the skills, knowledge and ability to perform current responsibilities and assignments
- Assume full and direct responsibility for all aspects of the team's performance
- Train and mentor lower-level Machinist for future growth and development. Lead lower-level Machinists in interpreting written instructions and specifications, planning, and layout work for inspection, using a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems on both manual and CNC equipment.
- Be running the Tooling department and machining department
- Make sure that equipment is available and implemented safely to effectively and efficiently conduct business
- Purchase materials to build product and maintain budget of purchased items
- Develop prototypes to support Engineering efforts on new product development
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Minimum ten (10) years experience as a Machinist and Toolmaker
- Minimum 5 years previous work experience in a lead role within manufacturing environment / machine shop
- Mechanical drawing experience with a strong background of GD&T (Geometric Design & Tolerance)
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Irvine, CA in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous work experience in an Aerospace machine shop environment
- Ability to program Trak, Lathes, and Mills
- Journeyman apprenticeship or equivalent training plus considerable experience to perform work
- Knowledge and use of shop mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledge of Geometric symbols (GD&T)
- Able to read and interpret advanced drawings and schematics
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Extensive knowledge in processes (i.e. Lathe, Mill)
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.