Sr. Account Executive / Software Sales (Northeast)
A leading provider of comprehensive Sourcing / Procurement / SRM solutions (Procure to Pay, Source to Settle) is seeking an experienced, professional Account Executive (AE) to focus on Telco / Communication oriented accounts.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished sales professional, with a working knowledge of enterprise application software. Ideally in related areas such as Procurement, Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Contract Management, Supply Chain Management, possibly ERP. Some domain / vertical experience calling on enterprise level Telco / Communication accounts a plus.
However, most critical is a tenacious approach to net new sales in targeted accounts. A consistent proven track record of performance is required. True comprehension and ability to navigate and penetrate complex sales environments is required.
The ideal candidate can prospect, identify solution gaps and/or sales opportunities, and articulate those gaps in a confident Challenger Sales approach to prospective customers. In doing so, candidates will utilize Salesforce to manage their day to day operations. Day to day operations include prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, and proposal generation. This individual must be an independent, autonomous and creative performer with a passion for customer outcomes as a result of utilizing our solutions. They must also be a team player who can successfully partner with the others in the organization. This position is for focused individuals who thrive in an environment of change and who have demonstrated a highly successful sales track record. The AE role provides high visibility and extraordinary rewards.
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible within their vertical to build pipeline and business volume. This is done by:
- Focus on net new customers
- Owning the full Sales Cycle (prosper to close). Must be effective in identifying, prospecting, qualifying and tracking opportunities
- Understanding the challenger sales model
- Identification of prospect White Space
- Articulate desired prospect business outcomes
- Making timely decisions about which opportunities we will pursue;
- Establishing an annual territory plan (within assigned vertical) and articulating discrete actions required to win new business. The AE will manage and coordinate every aspect of specific sales opportunitiesfrom prospecting to contract signature
- Must be capable of driving and closing a sale, writing proposals, and negotiating contracts with people at all levels.
- Provide input to internal teams on market trends, competitive products, prospect/client feedback, market needs/requirements, and other areas as requested.
Business Volumes Pipeline/Quota
- AE is required to prospect and generate a solid pipeline and to sell within the prescribed vertical to net new customers
- AE should achieve 4x quota coverage in pipeline
- AE should utilize our prospecting tools in their day to day activity
- AE should document pipeline building activity
Opportunity Tracking / SFDC
- AE is required to enter all sales activity into Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Call and Meeting Notes
- Calendar events
- Org Charts
- Prospect activity
- As qualifies an opportunity and pursues it through its lifecycle, the AE mustsystematically create updates to the opportunity record and reflect current information regarding sales stage, key dates, deal size, and so on.
- AE will contribute to the development of solutions being proposed for prospects.
- AE will assist in identification of the customer Return on Investment
- AE will assist in gathering information for services Statement of Work
- AE will be able to white board solution maps for customers
- AE will be able to land and expand solutions
- As we develop the solution for an AEs account, the AE must be able to articulate the questions that explain the value proposition, pricing, and competition in the sale.
- AE should be able to strategically position our solutions relative to the competition and clearly differentiate our unique offerings
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrable success selling complex software solutions, preferably SaaS
- Experience/track record in meeting/exceeding quota selling procurement solutions
- Active in seeking new sales opportunities thru prospecting
- Strong understanding of ERP offerings and procurement solutions and technology.
- Proficiency in the sales processes and account/territory planning.
- Proficiency in solution selling running complex results driven sales cycles.
- Ability to take ownership of all facets of the sales process. Personal ambition to close.
- Proven ability to build and deliver credible business value prop at all of the multiple levels (ex. CFO; VP of Supply Chain)
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience selling into the Telecom vertical preferred
- Northeastern U.S. territory preferred
- Ability to travel
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.