Would you like to work with a phenomenal team focused on creating an outstanding experience for customers? Are you good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws? Would you like to apply your skills to deliver excellent products that make someones life better?
We are recruiting for Software Engineer/Developer for our client in the Knoxville, TN area. This is a direct hire position with a woman-owned small business that partners with private and government organizations on exciting and growing projects. The work environment is team-oriented and employee friendly. You will join a high-performing team that has been recognized with awards from the Project Management Institute, the National Defense Industrial Association Award for Excellence in Enterprise Information, and the National Nuclear Security Administration.
The ideal candidate will be a talented software developer/tester with a passion for excellence to play a key role in ensuring that applications truly solve complex business problems. In this full-time position, you will be responsible for developing test plans, designing and implementing tests (manual and automated), executing test scripts, and performing regression and integration tests. The position requires proficiency with a variety of testing techniques (e.g., exploratory, behavior driven development, scripted), solid understanding of software development, superior communication skills, and direct experience in software testing under an Agile methodology. Preference will be given to direct experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and developing automated tests.
Expectations are high, the work is interesting and varied, and the team environment is invigorating. Benefits include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays and 401k with employer match (eligible after 1 year of employment).
- Responsible for ensuring software has been efficiently and effectively assessed and verified prior to production release
- Responsible for all testing-related activities in an Agile development environment
- Develop test basis and design effective test plans
- Create test scripts and test suites for comprehensive test coverage
- Conduct testing, clearly and precisely report findings, and support timely resolution of defects
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
A code sample will be requested as part of the application process. The sample should contain multiple well-organized classes and be the sole work of the applicant. The sample may come from existing work that the applicant has the rights to distribute or be prepared solely for the application process. Samples may be provided via links to public code sharing platforms (GitHub, SourceForge, Google Code, etc.) or submitted via email.
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with software design, development, and testing
- Proven experience performing software testing in an Agile environment including developing test plans and test scripts, executing tests, defect reporting and resolution
- Direct experience with a variety of software testing techniques
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and Curious: Ability and desire to independently learn and actively seek new skills
- Passionate about product quality, strong sense of ownership, good teammate, excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in English
- Intermediate to advanced skill in SQL
- Plus: Direct experience or expertise in using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) / specification by example
- Plus: Direct experience in developing automated tests with a working knowledge of Java and Selenium (or other web automation testing tool)
- Plus: Scripting skills in at least one common language (e.g., Python, Perl)
- Plus: Experience with a modern object-oriented programming (Java, C and/or C++ preferred)
- Plus: Experience developing and/or testing mobile applications
- Must be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.