The Director -- Home Center Marketing will be responsible for all aspects of products, services, and programs placed through our Home Center channel to market. The Channel Marketing Director must provide leadership in developing the business/marketing strategy and subsequently for the execution of that strategy across several distinct product categories with multiple channel partners. This position will work closely with the VP of Home Center Sales to develop this overall strategy, and manage the viability and profitability of the business. They must coordinate interdepartmental functions related to sales, product development, customer service, IT, logistics, finance and manufacturing to deliver against the goals defined in the strategy. The position will also work closely with the Director of Marketing to align the channel strategy to the overall goals of American Woodmark.
- Develop and execute the Channel Marketing Strategy
- Document marketing plan in the context of the business strategy
- Identify the appropriate product portfolio required to meet business objectives
- Identify the required communication plan including the development and use of content in multiple marketing channels and various media formats
- Manage the work of the Home Center marketing staff including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Customer Experience and Voice of the Consumer
- Service development
- Market intelligence and Analysis
- Develop new, and leverage existing platforms, processes, and technologies to create efficiency
- Customer Experience and Voice of the Consumer
- Set expectations and measure organizational accountability for delivering on expectations
- Develop and manage methods for obtaining actionable VOC data
- Analyze data with team and translate into actions that support the marketing plan
- Service Development
- Building revenue and non-revenue program expansions to capture new growth
- Identify, develop, and execute service programs that add value for the customer and end-consumer
- Drive development/maintenance of multiple brand identities through the Brand Management team
- Articulate clear Value Propositions and utilize efficient communication platforms
- Lead balanced effort between creative and metric driven branding
- Market Intelligence and Analysis
- Listen to market through existing feedback channels, maintain and improve collection systems
- Develop data-driven decision making as an organizational discipline
- Drive analysis across all channel marketing disciplines and roles
- Lead the channel marketing efforts of Products & Programs which support the AWC Big Box retail partnerships
- Assign and prioritize resources responsible for ideation and justification of channel product/program related projects, as well as guide team through development and execution
- Participate in key product/program meetings during the internal Stage Gate process for all channels
- Build, present, and advocate needs of the business using data and deep understanding of the market
- Meet with primary customers and sales/account leaders to gain insight and alignment
- Coach team members regarding their careers and build development plans to close skills gaps
- Lead or participate in various special teams as assigned
- Meet with and present to external customers when appropriate
- Work with confidential and proprietary information and must be able to work with such matters discreetly
- Strong advocate for Company culture and uphold the CITE principles
This role has management/leadership responsibility for several other salary employees. Expectations include performance evaluations, providing direction, leadership, discipline, and personnel training and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing and/or MBA or other advanced degree in business related field; strong technical skills required as demonstrated by course work or work experience
- 7+ years of marketing management experience with a record of consistent contributions/successes; field sales experience or other multi-disciplinary experience is a plus;
- Strong, demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Experience leading cross functional teams and directly managing others
- Proven curiosity and strong desire to learn
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft products, specifically Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint -- computer skills associated with statistical or data analysis a plus
- Excellent planning, project management and organizing skills -- high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
- Ability to build effective business relationships with internal/external clients
Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients to carry out responsibilities or respond to common inquiries from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to read and interpret common business documents including contracts, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to develop and deliver presentations to management and large groups.
Project Management Skills:
Ability to apply tools and organizational skills to multi-phase projects. Ability to handle ambiguity and drive projects to meet key milestones, deadlines, and metrics while working closely with multiple stakeholders groups, including internal clients and external customers or consumers.
Ability to define problems, determine failure points, establish facts, utilize data, and identify solutions. Ability to outline possible key choices and decision points that would influence the outcome of a project. Aptitude to dig into issues or obstacles and find solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds over head.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Significant travel, both in and out of town, is required. Travel is typically by commercial air carrier. Typical office environment with moderate noise level. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Chaloner has partnered with American Woodmark on their search for a Director-Home Center Marketing. Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.