Sr. Sales Engineer Data Integration
Join a team of leading experts in real-time data integration, and streaming analytics. This startup, launched in 2012, has won praise for its platform that ingests a wide variety of semi-structured, unstructured, and structured data, including data from enterprise databases via change data capture. Must be technically strong in databases, SQL, ETL and data warehousing platforms. You will be helping lead the East coast technical sales effort targeting Boston and the northeast area, providing the technical expertise to make our customers successful. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering.====
The ideal candidate will have strong Pre-Sales experience and a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, and understanding of big data. Must have excellent customer-facing skills to communicate our vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation. You will work hand-in-hand with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help us bring our first product to market and grow the company.
- Present our technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers. Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of this technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position our company in relation to them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing groups.
- Minimum 4 - 5 years of experience in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, or data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics or NoSQL
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc....)
- Programming skill or scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Ansible
Added Bonus For:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, Platfora, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Attunity, Birst )
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, )
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software
- Proven success at enterprise software startups
Must be authorized to work in US
Salary: DOE. Excellent compensation package, plus equity. Comprehensive benefits.swbkr79-100119
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.