NEW MANAGEMENT, NEW IDEAS, NEW TOOLS, BETTER CULTURE. It is an exciting time of growth, change and innovation for our client. They have made some strong buyouts which have added crown jewels to the portfolio. AM BEST and Standard & Poor ratings are superior and very strong on their outlook for the future.
Do you want to continue to grow your career in IT Security/Cyber Security? We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Security Engineer in our clients Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX. The individual in this role will monitor, evaluate and maintain systems security tools and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
Your part is critical to our continued success:
- Maintain and support security monitoring, management and response tools.
- Maintain security documentation, standards and procedures.
- Analyze and configure security systems to meet security architecture requirements.
- Develop automation scripts and processes to increase operational efficiency and security.
- Participate and assist in special projects related to IT Security.
What you will need to be successful in this critical role:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience with three (3+) year experience installing, configuring, maintaining and upgrading security tools such as Anti-Virus, SIEM, EDR, IPS, and WAF.
- Experience with LogRhythm SIEM configuration and management is a plus.
- General multi-platform information security knowledge in networks, Windows, Desktops, Servers and application systems.
- Working knowledge of information security tools for intrusion monitoring, filtering, event management, compliance management and vulnerability management.
- Working knowledge of authentication and access systems.
- Working knowledge using system logging, and event correlation tools.
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA along with US and European data privacy laws.
- General knowledge of system information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud environments and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell and Python.
- Good communication with aptitude for problem solving.
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, MIS / Information Technology / Cyber Security or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Certifications such as CompTIA Security +, GIAC Security Essentials +, CISSP, CISA a plus.
What our client can do for you:
- Competitive salary (bonus eligible)
- Employee benefit package including fixed and flexible Health, Medical, Dental, Vision STARTING ON DAY ONE!
- 401K (with matched percentage)
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.