SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT
Our client who is a real estate / family office, located in downtown Denver, is looking for a Senior Property Accountant to join their team. The Senior Property Accountant will play an integral role within the company, ensuring the financial reporting is completed with accuracy and in a timely manner. Primary responsibilities will be compiling monthly financial reports for various real estate partnerships and operating companies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete the monthly and annual close process (bank reconciliations, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.) in order to meet reporting deadlines for investors in multiple real estate assets.
- Analyze trends in revenues and expenses and report to executive team.
- Primary support for monthly investor reporting which includes accurate and timely reporting of financial results and other pertinent information to various investor groups.
- Provide reports and other information to lenders on a quarterly and annual basis including reserve draws.
- Coordinate with the companys CPA firm and assist in the completion of the annual audits and tax returns for various properties.
- Work with the Controller to manage cash and ensure adequate funding for capital projects.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function, and unclaimed property accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate with Regional Manager to ensure completeness and accuracy of employee files including: new hire paperwork; benefits enrollment; changes to employee files.
- Manage employee information through third party payroll processing companys online interface.
- Process and record bi-weekly payroll.
- Active participant in senior management meetings.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets for multifamily properties.
- Assist team members across the company with a variety of projects.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of three years accounting experience with working knowledge of GAAP.
- Intermediate to advanced Yardi skills or other property management software.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Financial statement preparation and review experience preferred.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.