If you are looking for an opportunity to assist a fast growing professional General Contracting firm in Virginia Beach, than you just found it! The firm was founded on the principles of integrity, vision, and excellence.
We are looking for Superintendents for a fast growing firm that has been in business for over 12 years and has built a reputation of professionalism and integrity.
Position Description: Project Superintendent - responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the customer's satisfaction. This position will report to their assigned Project Manager and will work together with the V.P. of Field Operations. The right candidate for this position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have effective communication and client service skills. The candidate must also possess a strong background in mechanical, electrical and plumbing to execute upcoming projects in Newport, RI and other locations as required. Must have experience with federal projects.
Office Assignment: The Superintendent will be assigned to the headquarters located in Virginia Beach.
Position Duties: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support and maintain a site-specific safety plan for each project assigned.
- Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design.
- Thoroughly understand owner requirements, contract plans, contract specifications, and submittals
- Work with project team to set project goals.
- Manage the project quality efforts, ensure that all work required by the corporate quality plan is complete and accurate.
- Manage project to meet budget and schedule requirements.
- Assist project manager in developing monthly cost to complete.
- Identify changes in the field, authorize field change requests, provide all documentation required to ensure compensation for all work performed.
- Supervise all scheduling efforts.
- Manage the project to meet schedule requirements including tracking progress against important dates, periodic communication of schedule requirements, and weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Position Minimum Qualifications: Superintendent/QC/SSHO
- Must possess a minimum of 5-10 years demonstrated practical field experience as tradesmen, foreman, field engineer, or superintendent.
- Must possess a strong background in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Demonstrated knowledge to comprehend plans & specifications.
- Studies in engineering, construction management, architecture, or relevant program preferred, but not a condition of employment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office computer applications.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Construction Certification (CQC), First Aid/CPR Certification, and OSHA 30 Hour Certification.
- Must be able to acquire security clearance (for applicable project requirements) as a condition of employment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess a valid drivers license.
Position Compensation/Benefits: Salary based upon experience
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Company Truck or Allowance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education/Training
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Trade Membership(s)
Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.