Must be US Citizen or GC ONLY. Are you a Model Risk Analyst looking for a new career? InterAction24 has teamed up with a Global Financial Services Company in Coppell, TX for a full-time position that will drive the business architecture working with business, operational, and technology leaders. The Model Risk Analyst which is responsible for all aspects of Model Risk Management ("MRM") at my clients from model risk governance and control, independent model validation to model performance monitoring ("MPM") and back testing ("BT"). Model Risk Analyst will support the model risk governance process and will be involved in the model identification process and model inventory management.
Model Risk Analyst (SAS Model Risk Management)
About this Opportunity
We are looking for a Model Risk Analyst to join the Model Validation and Control group ("MVC"), which is responsible for all aspects of Model Risk Management ("MRM") at my clients from model risk governance and control, independent model validation to model performance monitoring ("MPM") and back testing ("BT"). Model Risk Analyst will support the model risk governance process and will be involved in the model identification process and model inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze model risk reporting and data for senior management and regulators
- Support Model risk management tool implementation efforts, including participation in User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct model identification activities that includes administration of the model survey, analysis of the survey responses, collection and documentation of effective challenge from SME, and collation of results and attestations.
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders to understand all aspects of the workflow processes managed for model validation, model performance monitoring, and model issue management.
- Create periodic reporting of model risk metrics or initiatives
- Organize materials for the Model Risk Governance Council (MRGC)
- Assist with ad hoc model risk analyses and reporting as needed
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and can work in an efficient and organized way.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Prior experience with quantitative modeling is not required but should have a general knowledge of financial markets and products, risk metrics and VaR.
- Ideally the incumbent should be familiar with the regulatory requirements in terms of model risk management (SR 11-7) and SEC Covered Clearing Agency Standards.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SAS, VBA, etc. would be advantageous but is not required.
Talents Needed for Success:
- 1-3 years of financial services industry experience, ideally in model risk governance, model risk audit, risk management or analytics
- A Bachelors degree in a related field, preferably in statistics, computer science, economics or finance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
1-3 years of financial services industry experience.
Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or any other related field.
Experience in working with Model Risk governance, Model Risk Audit, Risk Management or Analytics.
Good understanding of (SR 11-7) & (SEC) Covered Clearing Agency Standards.
Experience in working with on boarding reporting structure and in a detail oriented way.
Experience working with SAS Model Risk Management.
NICE TO HAVE:
Experience and familiarity with quantitative modeling.
Strong communication skills.
Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SAS, VBA, etc.
The perfect candidate for this role would be a finance or accounting professional with experience in Model Identification & Model Risk Analysis. Our client really needs someone who is detail oriented, good at communicating and working with people and an expert in preparing senior management level reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Bank backgrounds with controls or audit, and being tech savvy to be able to assist model owners with onboarding onto the SAS Model Risk Management tool.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.