Our Client: Our client is a global food distribution company that supports many popular brands and distributes their products to large retail club stores, and supermarkets.
Location: Vineland, NJ
Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist Contract Position
- Hourly Rate: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour depending upon work experience, computer skills, and overall fit for the position. Candidates need to have experience managing a $30M+ AR Portfolio.
- Maintain current customer master data files for billing, invoicing and collection efforts.
- Prepare and issue monthly customer receivable statements.
- Verify and resolve validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and customers.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Apply payments to the correct open invoices within the clients account, research discrepancies, short-payments, follow up with client on payment issues.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card/electronic transactions and entering them into the ERP system.
- Reconcile and analyse the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Compile, validate and maintain generated AR aging reports.
- Provide monthly AR aging report with collection notes and forecasted cash collection to management.
- Perform collection efforts according to collection policy, pursue payment on delinquent accounts and recommend accounts be shifted to a collection agency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree (Preferred), Associate Degree, or required work experience in Accounting, Finance, Credit and Collections.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Accounts Receivable including invoicing, cash receipts, collections, data analysis and other relative accounting experience
- Intermediate level PC skills, MS Office, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, familiarity with Great Plains, Platinum, Microsoft Dynamics is a big plus.
Skills and Attributes
- Proven ability to preserve confidentiality.
- Strong quality orientation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to reconcile accounts, troubleshoot and research effectively.
- Ability to identify what needs to be done and proactively execute.
- Ability to be assertive and work independently.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.