The Payroll Supervisor position supervises and coordinates all payroll related activities utilizing Workday payroll and Kronos Timekeeping
- Oversees and assists with processing payroll information including time and attendance detail, check distribution and employee record maintenance. Works with HR to accomplish employee record updating to ensure payroll is timely and accurate. Handles escalated employee payroll related questions and concerns.
- Supervise staff ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll. Assigns duties and examine work for conformance to policies and procedures.
- Ensures the facility complies with all local, state, and Federal regulation and legislation relating to payroll. Also ensure all internal control policies and procedures for payroll are adequate and complied with.
- Maintains Payroll / HR software (Workday/Kronos) used to process payroll and time and attendance data.
- Assists with month end by overseeing the processing of all payroll and labor related journals.
- Maintain positive working relationships with leadership and communicate in a timely manner to resolve payroll issues.
- Audit employee and leader inputs to ensure proper compliance.
- Serve as back up for other key accounting personnel, including direct reports.
- Assist with special projects as needed by the Controller.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Business, Accounting or other similar field or can substitute experience in lieu of experience
- 7-10 years of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Payroll Practitioner preferred.
- Workday and Kronos experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Practical knowledge of payroll processing & payroll tax practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively present data to peers and senior management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.