Compensation: $65,000 TO $75,000
Education: Bachelor`s Degree with 4+ Years of related Experience Summary:
Established firm with great benefits is looking for a Controller. Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Controller/Director you will be responsible for client relationships, managing and assisting with the monthly close process for specific client, accounts reconciliations, supervising direct reports on F&A Clients Team and assisting with other activities. Job Description:
- Primary contact for day to day activity, questions.
- Lead weekly client calls with client and controller if applicable.
- Respond to client requests.
- Problem Solve daily issues as they arise.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with client contacts.
Oversee Monthly close process:
- Ensure close procedures per period close checklist are completed timely and accurately.
- Complete Accountant/Controller responsibilities as needed.
- Issue/send preliminary financial statements to client as requested or required.
- Receive/send and respond to preliminary P&L questions from client.
- Review final financial statements to client.
- Prepare/review and issue other reports for client.
- Review all balance sheet accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Lead in balance sheet reviews with Controller/Client and resolve any issues.
- Review fixed asset system, updating for new assets and any other changes. Verify fixed asset subledger to GL and review for proper depreciation methods.
- Prepare/review audit schedules and in additional audit request.
- Coordinate Financial Statement setup/maintenance
Supervise direct reports on F&A Client Team:
- Ensure direct reports are properly trained.
- Ensure all client deadlines are being met.
- Complete annual reviews and provide feedback as required.
- Review processes to verify maximum efficiencies.
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of related experience.
- Experience with creating and using financial statements, working knowledge of balance sheet and P&L Statement.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and lookup functions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned project to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, customers, and vendors.
- Self-motivated; ability to take on assigned tasks with minimal.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable speaking with 3rd parties and client personnel.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- Public accounting experience
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202