TRADEMARK LEGAL ASSISTANT
Education: Associate`s degree or equivalent or combination of education and experience. Summary:
The legal assistant has principal responsibility for managing the trademark dispute database and records, docketing trademark dispute dates and actions, reviewing and investigating trademark watch notices and dispute matters, preparing and filing trademark dispute documents, instructing and corresponding with associate firms and clients, assisting with factual, legal, and procedural research, and providing support to attorneys in the rendering of trademark and copyright legal services to clients.
Hours: 35-hour workweek
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Description:
- Manages trademark dispute database and records, including docketing and file management and reporting.
- Coordinates and manages domestic and international trademark disputes.
- Communicates with attorneys, clients, and associate counsel regarding the preparation, filing, and prosecution of domestic and international trademark dispute matters.
- Prepares and shepherds through the legalization process documents, such as Powers of Attorney, required for domestic and international disputes, oppositions, cancellations, and for other purposes.
- Assist with and perform intellectual property searches and investigations, including preliminary trademark watch reviews, enforcement investigations, trademark and domain use investigations, due diligence projects, screening searches, and other factual research.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of USPTO oppositions, cancellations, motions, and related correspondence as directed by attorneys.
- Assists with preparing preliminary draft correspondence and reports, proofreading, revising, formatting, finalizing, transmitting, and filing documents.
- Assists with U.S. and international opposition and cancellation proceedings as directed by attorneys.
- Processes incoming trademark and dispute file transfers, including trademark database updating and management, recording change of counsel with the USPTO, and instructing associate counsel of contact information.
- Prepares trademark and dispute files for outgoing transfers.
- Maintains accurate records of time spent on tasks.
- Assists with non-trademark-related projects occasionally.
Education/Experience: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience. Trademark experience is required.
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202