Director of Technology and Security
Classification: Information Technology
Compensation: $85,000 to $125,000
Education: Bachelor`s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Summary:
Nationally established organization creating a new position for a IT Technology and Security Leader. Job Description:
The Director of Technology and Security will provide leadership, vision and direction for technology supporting the business goals with focus on customer experience, operational rigor, security/compliance, innovation and vendor management with an eye on budget leverage and control. Responsibilities include:
- Create and drive a forward-looking technology and security roadmap that aligns with organizations strategic vision and business priorities.
- Enhance cyber security and data privacy program
- Evaluate current 3rd-party vendor capabilities and performance. Formalize vendor goals/metrics, as well as needs/opportunities for considering new vendors. Determine buy vs. build recommendations.
- Implement formal technology/security governance process to set priorities, goals, ROI/budget, change management, vendor/contract management, participate in PMO (project management office), set IT formal scorecard for the purpose of more formal planning, efficiency and leverage of IT resources. Ensure formal procedures and documentation is in place.
- Evaluate current IT/security architectures, infrastructure, end user computing to determine lifecycle stage, constraints, costs and future needs to support growth.
- Provide corporate end users with high quality key technology capabilities, especially desktop, mobile, network/Internet, data/file storage all in a secure environment.
- In addition to managed service providers, the ability to provide corporate and property network/security/file server administration, as well as end user support, including new computing devices, set up, training and trouble-shooting.
- Instill a culture of operational excellence and results orientation in a highly collaborative organization.
- Provide strong leadership and culture with a focus on identifying, motivating and obtaining best-in-class vendor partners and talent.
- Continually assess the competitive landscape, emerging technologies, and approaches to ensure technology and cyber security practices are up to date.
- Ability to work as a general contractor with limited management oversight in a highly outsourced and third-party managed technology environment.
- Depth of technology/cyber security/data privacy leadership experience in the hospitality and/or multi-family industry is highly desirable given the immediate need to assess the legacy environment and make recommendations for priority needs and improvements.
- Experience in multi-unit retail or restaurant a plus.
- An interest and ability to operate at both a leadership and architect/engineer level is preferable given the early stages of company growth and current organizational model.
- 10+ years of progressive IT leadership experience, preferably depth in infrastructure, networks, hosting, security, end user computing, support and managed services in a $100M+ annual revenues company
- Managed a cyber security strengthening program in the last 2 years; preferably experience with NIST frameworks
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining PCI certifications, as well as security training and phishing tests
- Cyber Security certifications, i.e. one or more CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, Security +
- Microsoft, Network and Firewall certifications
- Expertise in supporting IT at multi-site locations, especially hotels and apartments; experience with Support Desk/Center and Call Centers
- Strong business, planning, budget, RFP, negotiations and contract management experiences and capabilities
- Strong technology architecture, as well as process orientation; experience with cloud providers and SD-WAN/fiber multi-locations across the U.S. network
- Background with implementing/supporting digital Web/mobile-based systems, including customer (guest)-facing technologies
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202