LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Classification: IP Legal AssistantLegalLegal AssistantPatent Secretary
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Education: College degree or relevant work experience required.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package Summary:
Legal Administrative Assistant
About The Role:
A top-tier intellectual property law firm that specializes in patent law, including patent prosecution and other intellectual property work is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for a diverse range of administrative tasks. This is a full-time, permanent position in San Jose. They are looking for an energetic, organized, highly motivated and flexible individual to provide administrative support and office coordination. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter that skillfully prioritizes and juggles multiple demands with sound judgement and attention to detail. S/he must demonstrate resourcefulness, timeliness, and the ability to proactively anticipate needs with a minimal amount of direction. Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. Job Description:
What youll do:
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for a diverse range of administrative tasks including, for example:
- Act as gatekeeper in daily communications with internal and external clients; answer telephone calls, take messages, and direct calls, as needed.
- Present a warm and welcoming first point of contact for visitors and clients by greeting them as they arrive and connecting them with the appropriate individual.
- Compose and edit correspondence, presentations, and other documents.
- Handle coordinating and booking travel reservations, both domestic and international.
- Prepare and submit expense reports and reconcile credit card transactions.
- Calendar management.
- Diary entries.
- Arrange and schedule internal and external meetings.
- Assist with onboarding tasks for new hires.
- Complete various ad-hoc tasks and research projects under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- General office management tasks (e.g., handle inbound and outbound mail, order catering for meetings and firm events, order general office supplies, maintain reception area, conference rooms and resource rooms, and be a liaison with building management for facility related issues.
- Upkeep of files, both physical and electronic, and ensure that client related documents and correspondence are filed in the firms document management repository .
- Assist with inventory control of firm equipment.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Actively contribute in team meetings and other team related activities.
- Suggest new processes/ procedures to expediate projects and daily workflow.
The Perfect Candidate
Education, Experience and Skills:
- College degree or relevant work experience required.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
- Familiarity with Concur, Foundation IP, First to File, iManage, or other similar applications is advantageous.
- Ability to take initiative and possession of strong problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with prioritizing conflicting needs; handle assignments confidentially, expeditiously, proactively and follow through on tasks until successful completion.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high level of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion and judgement while being personable.
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202