CABARRUS COUNTY CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
POSITION: Sales Manager – Sports and Car Clubs
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Sales and Services
JOB CATEGORY: Sales
The Sales Manager for our sports & car clubs’ market must be resourceful, innovative, creative and passionate. The main responsibility is to generate group room night leads from traditional and non-traditional sports groups and car clubs. This position requires constant contact with customers and event rights holders as well as building lasting relationships with coaches, sports directors, club officials and event planners. The Sales Manager must have a proactive approach to selling and the ability to manage multiple accounts that generate hotel stays in Cabarrus County, NC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selling Cabarrus County, NC as a destination within assigned market segments.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area hotels, venues, local officials, sports councils, organizations and associations.
- Work closely with area hotels, venues, facilities and community leaders to prepare bid proposals for selected meetings or events.
- Make personal bid presentations to sports and event rights holders as required.
- Take a leadership role in working with local hotel and venue partners in selling the assets of Cabarrus County and the surrounding region.
- Plan and attend industry tradeshows, sales blitzes, and events with travel partners.
- Develop qualified sales leads for the hotels to pursue, and track status of those leads on an ongoing basis.
- Continually update Bureau CRM database with leads, account/contact information, meeting profiles and commitments.
- Conduct site inspections of the Cabarrus County area with planners who represent definite potential for business.
- Identify potential outlets for the highest ROI regarding the sports market sales and promotion efforts.
- Assist in the development of marketing brochures, and other collateral material to be used in the sales effort.
- Work closely with communications department to ensure proper press coverage and visibility for secured business when appropriate.
- Participate and maintain membership in local, state, regional, and national industry organizations to include Sports NC.
- Assist in providing information for the preparation of the annual budget and marketing plan preparation.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining expenses as it relates to assigned budget area.
- Submit reports as needed for Board presentations.
- Stay up to date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks by, but not limited to, reading publications and attending continuing education classes.
- Serve on industry committees and boards when appropriate.
- Identify potential partnerships towards CVB goals and objectives.
- Completes other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Services.
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years experience in sports/hospitality sales.
- Demonstrated sales success in the sports/hospitality industry.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Time Management skills to balance prospecting calls, handle site visits, travel to trade shows, and manage accounts.
- Working knowledge of computer database systems and related software applications is preferred.
- Ability to travel and availability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Amount of travel is approximately 10%.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
How To Apply:
Apply online below:
Cabarrus County Convention & Visitors Bureau