Dixon is looking for a Manager of Quality Control to join our team in Dallas, NC! The Manager of Quality Control function involves administration of both quality assurance and quality control in a busy and growing production environment. The ideal candidate will be a strong, conscientious leader who can work collaboratively with the manufacturing, procurement, engineering, and customer service teams to eliminate defects and continuously improve quality. The quality function is also responsible to closely monitor production, ensure conformance with product tolerances, and to investigate defects. Regularly scheduled reports of program progress, investigation findings, root causes and corrective actions will be made to the Division Leadership Team.
- Rapidly develop, and then maintain ownership and responsibility for the division`s Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures for incoming raw material acceptance, in-process evaluation, and final product inspection and testing
- Administer, provide direction to and mentor test lab personnel
- Maintain quality control instruments, such as gages and testing equipment
- Provide training to those affected by the QMS and perform audits to ensure QMS compliance
- Lead or conduct investigations and corrective actions for significant defects, notifications, and customer complaints
- Promote organizational focus on cost reduction activities that will immediately contribute to a reduction in the business unit`s cost of poor quality (COPQ) such as initiatives to minimize waste, scrap, and rework
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Knowledge of quality management systems, relevant software, quality assurance methods, instruments and quality manufacturing processes
- Attention to detail along with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Math and statistical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Six Sigma/Black belt desired
- Prior ISO 9001 implementation a plus
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
3-5 years: Manufacturing or production environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.