The Fitter/Welder is a highly skilled individual who has a broad knowledge and understanding of Fitting and Welding trades using various techniques and working with different metals. The Fitter/Welder takes responsibility for individual products/projects assigned. Also assists in cost saving methods on individual projects and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor or VP of Manufacturing.
Assemble and Fit-Up of FEECO products
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and perform metal fabricating and fitting work.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Must be efficient and productive with time
- Capable of doing most fabricating functions of the company
- Assembly Fit-up of Products
- Must be able to read blueprints
Weld to ASME IV Specifications
- Must be able to weld to ASME Sec IV specifications (flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
- Checks fabrication and welding with drawings verifying proper dimensions and specifications.
- Verifies that the proper material was used to construct product.
- Inspects in-coming materials to assure quality materials are used to customers standards and expectations.
- Inspects machines and equipment to assure accuracy
- Inspects completed product against specifications assuring all aspects of quality and accuracy have been met.
- Follows shop floor control procedures
- Safety Compliance
- Follows all safety compliance procedures established by the company
- Always assures working safely using Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, and other PPE as necessary to comply with safety standards policies.
- Verifies that proper lock-out/tag-out procedures and precautions have been taken prior to the any service being performed on a machine or piece of equipment.
- Attends safety meetings
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Welding Certificate Degree from Technical School
- Minimum three years Shop experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Ability to operate forklift
- Welding to ASME Sec IV Specifications (Flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to us.
3913 Algoma Rd
Green Bay, WI 54311