Senior Experience Designer / Experience Strategy Lead
Supervisor: Director, Product Design
* REQUIRED: a portfolio of proven, innovative, modern UX design work must be submitted at the time of application to be considered.
We're a creative agency that tells stories that matter. We make resonant films, campaigns, and digital products to drive progress and change culture.
We focus on social change, the arts, and public health. We tackle communications challenges with a human-centered approach, spanning from design research, brand architecture, digital & film production, and live experiences.
The Senior Experience Designer specializes in crafting world-class digital experiences that are intuitive and powerful. This person drives research, requirements, and rapid prototyping efforts.
Wondros creates digital products including mobile responsive websites, digital platforms, and services, apps for iOS and Android, email newsletters, landing pages, interactive kiosks, PDFs for digital download, and interfaces for emerging digital technologies.
In this client-facing role, the Senior Experience Designer works in partnership and collaboration with the strategy, development, and business development teams, under the supervision of the Director, Product Design in Los Angeles.
- Support product opportunity ideation by listening, asking, and synthesizing requirements from stakeholders. Define strategic direction for the design process.
- Create UX design deliverables including user journeys and flows, use cases, sitemaps, wireframes, content matrices, and benchmarking / best practice documents.
- Present user experience design solutions to clients along with the Executive Director, Digital, Director Product Design and Group Account Director
- Work in tandem with WONDROS Design Research team to support data-driven definition and refinement of user experiences. Determine opportunities to better serve your customers by processing the data you collect and receive from Analytics team members.
- Evaluate and review junior designers' UX designs for usability and overall strategic direction.
- Know how to craft a narrative through words and images. Be able to synthesize large quantities of information to craft a cohesive and well curated content strategy.
- Be a strong advocate and communicator for design quality and user-centered design excellence. Advocate for the WONDROS Digital design team's skills, expertise, and decision-making when required.
- Engage in creative ideation for cross-platform solutions with interdepartmental team members
- Work with copy writers on content development for a project's overall user experience
- Assist UI design team to deliver experience specifications documentation as needed.
- Work with digital producers on UX/UI design team priorities, assignments and timing and overall project vision.
- Brief design team members on new UX/UI related tasks and oversee junior designers' work product.
- Support design team QA testing of digital products from a User Experience implementation point of view.
- Translate analytics learnings into actionable design optimizations.
- Foster an environment of excellence through experimentation and continual improvement.
- Stay abreast of latest industry UX/UI design trends and tools and keep the WONDROS Digital design team a top industry competitor
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, HCI, or similar field.
- 7-10 years of professional digital design experience with a specific focus on UX / experience design.
- Prior experience in a marketing or advertising agency STRONGLY preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present work to clients and stakeholders.
- Digital strategy and team lead experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of key UX principles.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to design for complex systems.
- Expert proficiency in generating UX deliverables using tools such as Sketch, omnigraffle, balsamic, etc.
- Comfortable with both hands-on design and strategy/ideation.
- Experience developing successful concepts and implementing them through design solutions.
- Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Passion for making it easier for people to understand complex ideas.