Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system. The position holds accountability for leading and facilitating requirements elicitation sessions among business and technical users, writing business requirements and specifications, providing functional/conceptual/logical design documents, building applicable business case models, preparing and/or implementing UAT scenarios and facilitating UAT testing.
Working with the Project Manager(s) to follow project plans, convey accurate project status, and identify issues and risks. May prepare time estimates for completing projects. May be assigned to coordinate projects from development through implementation, working with their organization's IT workers, as well as clients, vendors, and consultants.
Prepares application's workflow charts and diagrams to specify detailed operations to be performed by computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Business Systems Analyst Senior is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads requirements gathering (elicitation, documentation, and management).
- Facilitates project customer meetings.
- Extracts and analyzes business needs, act as a subject matter expert when appropriate.
- Explains and documents technical design in such a way that a business owner can understand.
- Translates business needs into business requirements documentation (usage cases, process flow diagrams, narrative descriptions, data models).
- Performs analytical roles on all phases of a major technology project or multiple projects of medium to large size.
- Researches and advises on alternative solutions to critical/major business problems.
- Provides estimation on level of effort for business analysis and high-level development and quality assurance efforts.
- Prepares project execution plans, manages and assesses project risk.
- Identifies and engages appropriate technical and business resources needed for successful project execution.
- Leads regular project reviews with customers and stakeholders.
- Documents lessons learned.
- Performs system test planning and execution.
- Develops and delivers training materials and provide instruction when necessary. Acts as project Subject Matter Expert for training development.
- Enforces and adheres to organizational processes and standards. Experience using formal software development methodologies MSF Determining and documenting customer business requirements through formal Business Analysis processes. This task involves planning, designing, and developing efficient business, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Business requirements comprehensively documented within functional and technical specifications by writing detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program. Analyzes and reviews existing computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system. Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Helps evaluate the impact of corporate initiatives, goals, and vision upon existing application modules; recommends ways to improve or best utilize corporate information to support actualization of corporate objectives based from understanding of current business process.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system. Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Provides functional/conceptual/logical design documents/data models, building applicable business case models, preparing and/or implementing UAT scenarios and facilitate UAT testing as documentation of program development.
- Ensures continuous user involvement in the analysis, development, and implementation process of new applications, enhancements, fixes through organization of cross-functional meetings and working with the Project Manager to follow project plans, convey accurate project status, and identify issues and risks. Helps acquire end user sign off of scope requirements. Prepares system documentation and files all documented results of analysis with project documentation.
- Supports the operations of the Client Support department's systems, including implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and support of existing applications. Assists developers to prepare datasets or reports which require complex business process.
- Creates and maintains documentation on the system/applications used by the department. Provide inputs in development of conversion and software implementation project plans on assigned projects. Works with developer to coordinate completion of systems change control requests and schedules for movement of application across regions (Development to Acceptance to Production). Obtains (or works with PM as assigned) approvals of project documentation and implementation plan. Files with project documentation.
- Coordinates projects from development through implementation, working with their organization's IT workers, as well as clients, vendors, and consultants.
- Assists managers by providing solutions input in response to the operational and strategic needs of the Client Support department. May research, investigate and make recommendations on new solutions or replacement systems/applications.
- Directs or assists in the development of new or revised training materials, and training schedule. Assures all affected functional areas are included and informed. Trains or assists in the training of ITS and user personnel in the conversion, implementation or providing overview of the developed or purchased software.
- May assist the software developers in resolution of work problems related to flow charts, project specifications, or programming. May provide assistance to UI development where rules, formatting and display properties can be set in the design time using existing development tool.
- Works with the DBA to provide business analysis on troubleshooting of data-related production issues, test and deploy approved solution in accordance with existing release management process.
- May work with end users and other ITS personnel to evaluate packaged software. May represent Paradigm at vendor focus or user group meetings. May serve as contact point for technical issues between vendor and Paradigm or with business users within the company.
- Develops and delivers communications and awareness plan and activities to support the promotion and use of supported applications. Manage and execute deployment/support plan and activities.
- Creates and delivers curriculum and materials necessary to train the business leads, help desk resources and application users that will use and support the application.
- When applicable, manages and responds to user requests for administration and feature specific items related to the supported application.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Analyzes, evaluates and modifies existing or proposed systems.
- Coordinates with users to ensure timely and efficient manufacturer's software release installation.
- May design, encode, test and debug programs or user defined modifications.
- Works on problems of diverse scope involving cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per policy 16.0 Information Security Incident Management.
- Education - College degree, preferably a B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or a degree with Clinical focus from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in programming in a distributed computing environment or clinical/healthcare experience.
- Experience - Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in business analysis with one (1) of those years in the healthcare industry; OR any combination of academic education, professional training, or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Must be familiar with Microsoft technologies and the current tools being used in the application development. Project management background is ideal.
- Required non-technical proficiencies and knowledge - Solid analytical skills; Strong customer service skills and prior experience supporting internal customers; Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization; Good presentation skills and the ability to provide end-user training when needed. Ability to make judgments, decisions and suggestions for procedural improvements; Ability to handle fast-paced work flow and multi-task; Flexible to meet changing needs and multiple tasks; Excellent follow-through skills with strong attention to detail; Ability to develop, understand and translate detailed requirements documentation from business client requirements; Possessing excellent oral and written communication skills; Adaptive and open to frequent changes in work environment and prioritization; Able to manage multiple competing deadlines; Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Required technical proficiencies/knowledge - Experience with client/server databases and reporting tools; Demonstrated experience with web development tools and client/server product support; Effective knowledge of database structure and design; Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and change management; Basic understanding of data transport and interfaces; Basic knowledge of Internet formats and languages; Strong relational data model concepts knowledge and logical data modeling; Enhanced knowledge of software quality assurance methodology and practice; Intermediate level understanding of SQL language; Healthcare and insurance domain knowledge is a big plus; Enhanced knowledge of project management methodology and practice; Enhanced knowledge with MS Office and other Microsoft products; Ability to understand and convert business requirements into functional specifications; Strong understanding of systems and applications with the ability to learn managed healthcare systems, business analysis and problem solving.