Therapist - MAT
Job ID: 2020-3258
# of Openings: 1
Connections Health Solutions is a behavioral health company that provides crisis stabilization and access to care for anyone needing behavioral health services. We are hiring a Therapist for our Transitions Program who will provide services to include individual therapy, group counseling, life skills sessions, clinical interventions, crisis management, family therapy, and assistance in case management and support system development.
- Conducts a thorough, accurate, clinically sound Psychosocial assessment and diagnosis with the patient in a timely manner. Maintain the clinic record, including documentation of activities performed as part of the service delivery process. Obtain signatures from patient regarding treatment, as necessary.
- Provides internal education regarding CBT, trauma informed care, harm reduction, and service plan documentation
- Prepares clinical reports and individualized service plans utilizing agency electronic clinical documentation software. Ensures documentation complies with best clinical practices, contracts, regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Conducts brief intervention, individual, family and group counselling within scope of practice. Participates in redirecting patient behavior while maintaining a safe milieu when necessary. Documents all services and patient activities appropriately.
- Arranges for referral and placement of patients in other programs, housing, or employment opportunities.
- Provides case management services to promote recovery and community reintegration. Conducts crisis interventions and follow up as necessary.
- Follows up with Director about all cases weekly
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in social work, counseling, or related field
- At least 3 years in behavioral health or relevant work experience.
- Must have at least Associate licensure within counseling, or marriage and family therapy by the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (LAC, LPC, LMSW, LCSW, LMFT)
- Knowledge of principles of recovery, family of origin/intergenerational issues, and co-occurring
- Knowledge in OTP/MAT Standards of care
- Knowledge of health plan prior authorization process.
- Knowledge and experience working with special populations (Those individuals identified as having serious mental illness, substance abuse diagnoses, brain injuries and those over 60 years of age)
- Knowledge of and experience with the AZ Title-36 legal process