See all jobs in Glendale CA
Job Location: Glendale, CA
Requisition ID: 24168
Category: Field Service
Position Type: Full-Time
Provides operational, maintenance and networking support for customers through your extensive product and customer skills knowledge. Works closely with Field Service Managers, Branch Service Managers and other engineers to provide the high level technical support with seamless technical expertise of Canon Solutions America supported products in accordance with the current Service and Parts Standards.
- Diagnoses mechanical, software, network and system failures, using established procedures.
- Services and Repairs designated equipment, in an assigned territory, to Canon standards and specifications.
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues ensuring accurate information and recordkeeping.
- Complete working knowledge and aptitude of multiple product groups. This includes all aspects of troubleshooting and diagnostics. This level is the final comprehensive tier to include work flow analysis, customer relations and ultimately customer satisfaction and retention.
- Meets customer demands by providing efficient, responsive and accurate flow of service information.
- Maintains all technical information and Canon property assigned and provides direction to less senior engineers in same.
- Provides the solutions of escalated technical and / or customer service related problem areas for any territory requested.
Typically requires general education and/or vocational training plus 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Associates degree in electronics or electrical engineering capacity from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience.
- Possess a basic understanding of internet environments. Successful completion of the 120 day introductory period and completion of the PDIF new hire class.
- May require some travel (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 environment, perform shift work and do on-call rotations (applies to those servicing PPS\LFS equipment).
- Required to take all necessary steps to obtain security and/or other clearances required by customers to enter the customers' premises.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the Canon and Oc brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.