See all jobs in New York NY
Job Location: New York, NY
Other . New York, New York
For over three decades, many of the world's leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today's most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align is seeking a Senior AV Support Field Technician who has a background in advanced AV support and/or integration, including a very good working knowledge of corporate AV conference room systems. The ideal candidate will also need to have solid experience with Cisco VC Codecs and WebEx conference. This person should be client focused with the ability to work with Senior Management. Candidates must have experience testing rooms for functionality on a daily basis. This role will be expected to start AV systems and do testing prior to scheduled conferences. The AV Field Technician must be flexible and able to do quick troubleshooting in field to get AV systems running. They will not be expected to repair and malfunctioning AV gear, but must be able to power through a system and follow advanced troubleshooting steps to get AV systems back up and running. Clients have outsourced AV support to Align. This person will report to an assigned corporate client site daily and will lead a small team of AV Technicians. Ideal candidates will have some system design and configuration skills. This person will have the opportunity to grow into an AV Project Manager or Lead AV Technician within our expanding Align Workplace Technology solution in our New York City office.
- The Senior AV Field Support Technician will be assigned to client sites in New York City, however, this person may be required to occasionally work at client locations throughout the New York Metropolitan area.
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses
- Responsible for providing onsite AV support where appropriate
- Provide AV support for Audiovisual systems, conference rooms facilities and collaboration tools. This role is not expected to repair any malfunctioning AV gear, but must be able to power through a system and follow basic troubleshooting steps to get AV systems back up and running
- Manage the AV team and measure performance
- Lead and mentor junior members of the AV team
- Summarize state of AV through daily reporting
- Oversee daily morning and evening routine AV room testing
- Advanced troubleshooting with minimal disruption to AV meetings and events.
- Provide "white glove" service for executive level and senior management.
- Start AV systems and do testing prior to scheduled conferences
- Testing conference rooms for functionality on a daily basis
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and two years of relevant experience is preferred
- At minimum 4-7 years in AV conferencing solutions field or other technical/technician experience.
- A background in AV design and or integration, including a very good working knowledge of corporate AV conference room systems
- Able to perform advanced troubleshooting in the field to get AV systems running if there are minor day to day problems
- Ideal candidate will have solid experience with Cisco VC Codecs and WebEx conference.
- Strong knowledge of Crestron, Extron, Shure and various other AV manufacturers.
- Ability to troubleshoot AV issues, know when to escalate to vendor.
- CTS certification preferred, but not required.
- Basic understanding of network protocols and knowledge of maneuvering yourself around network data center.
- Ability to speak to clients and help them understand conference room functionality.
- Knowledge and understanding of One Line desired.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be passionate about how organizations can leverage technologies to increase employee productivity and client engagement
- Broad, general knowledge of several of the following areas is required
- Audiovisual system design and implementation
- Telepresence platforms
- Conference tools
- Digital signage
- Television distribution systems
- Excellent conceptualization, articulation, presentation, and facilitation skills are essential
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit www.align.com .