K2 Insurance Services, LLC is seeking a full-time ASSOCIATE ACTUARY to join its growing San Diego office.
K2 Insurance offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our pay and benefits program includes competitive salary; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer match.
K2 Insurance, through its affiliated insurance companies and agencies, continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, underwriting, and support staff.
The Associate Actuary will report to the Chief Actuary and be responsible for actuarial analyses across a wide range of K2's insurance products. Key functions will include the development and implementation of sound actuarial policies and practices for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions in order help K2 meet its financial objectives.
- Perform profitability analysis and indications for a wide variety of insurance lines of business: Property, Workers Comp, General Liability, Commercial Auto, Professional Liability, etc.
- Assisting with analysis and implementation of changes to existing insurance products as well as the development of new products.
- Assisting in decision-making by researching new business and analyzing data to advise senior level management on profitable business opportunities.
- Creating forecasts and estimates, summarizing them in analyses and reports.
- Calculating and analyzing risk associated with fixed products, including interest rate risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, insurance risk, etc.
- Monitoring financial risks within the company.
- Using best practices and traditional statistical/modeling techniques to develop and maintain rating, economic, and other models as necessary and in consideration of the business goals of the model.
- Contributing to market share growth and profitability by recommending changes to products, pricing, risk management.
- Understanding and following internal and external compliance requirements/standards.
Ideally, the Associate Actuary will have:
- Bachelors' degree in related field of Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics required
- 4 to 7 years of P&C actuarial experience. Commercial pricing experience preferred.
- ACAS designation required at minimum (completion of all exams required for ACAS acceptable). Candidates must also show progress towards Fellowship and/or be a FCAS.
- Experience with insurance rate making methodologies and pricing techniques.
- Experience with strategic planning using quantitative techniques.
- Basic understanding of financial concepts related to P&C insurance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of actuarial modeling software and ability to extract data using SQL.
- Experience with R and/or Python skills including predictive modeling experience are a plus
- Aptitude and strong interest in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression etc.
- Capable of collaborating effectively with colleagues on cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
Learn more about K2 Insurance Services at www.k2ins.com.