The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the reporting processes, both internally and externally, that pertain to cost control, change management, manpower scheduling, progress plan and scheduling as well as establishing the control procedures. The project controls manager supervises cost estimating, project planning, project cost control, manpower forecast, progress plan and project cost accounting for an EPCICS project.
- Prepare project planning documents, monthly and quarterly project forecasts, project status reports, and other documents, required by senior management to ensure that the project is effectively controlled.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and PMT to ensure company business and financial interests are considered and optimized during project execution.
- Advise the Project Manager and PMT on contractual and business administration matters to ensure that Project is compensated in accordance with contractual terms.
- Manage subcontract cost and change management.
- Manage project cash flow, accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure the Project maximizes its working capital utilization and generates superior economic returns, including effective management of cash flow.
- Support the development and implementation of processes and procedures to enforce compliance with company policy and project contractual obligations
- Ensure the establishment of financial/accounting principles, policies and procedures in the project organization are in line with legal and corporate requirements.
- Ensure that the project understands and follows all financial standards.
- Comply with all internal and external reporting obligations
- Ensure compliance with public company corporate governance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all local and international statutory and legal requirements
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and corporate finance teams to develop and Ensure that our targeted Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable results are realized
- Manage Project budget and forecast activities.
- Implement the overall Project Controls strategy, processes and procedures
- Coordinate the budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure alignment with Corporate strategic plans.
- Prepare and present financial data and profitability reports and analysis to Project Manager and Corporate Finance Teams.
- Lead Month end closing activities as well as reporting obligations
- Provide day to day management, direction, development, leadership and support to direct reports.
- Supervise direct reports
- Review Contract to ensure reporting requirements are followed and that the Company is being compensated accordingly
- Minimum twelve+ years of Project Controls experience required
- Minimum 7+ years of Project Controls management EPCICS experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of project accounting, percent complete and general construction cost accounting.
- Experience in large complex organizations.
- Ability to execute forensic accounting to expose, understand and resolve business issues.
- Audit experience and general understanding of SOX regulatory requirements a plus.
- Ability to work independently and solve non-recurring problems and drive continuous process improvements.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and proficiency in mentoring, thinking creatively, and project planning.
- Substantial attention to detail is required to ensure accounting and financial information is timely, accurate and complete.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office, Primavera P3 & P6, Pertmaster, ERP systems such as ADP and financial reporting systems. Strong skills using Excel is required.
- Strong ability to define clear expectations of the team and delegate appropriately.
- Proficiency in cost engineering principles and methods including:
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Change Management Systems / Procedures
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Earned Value Systems
- Contingency allocation
- Strong knowledge and experience with project planning, scheduling, and execution
- International project controls experience a plus
- Excellent leadership, mentoring and teamwork skills with the ability to effectively transfer technical expertise to less experienced project control professionals