The Kitchen Assistant helps to provide nutritious snacks and lunches to preschool students.
- Counting, sorting and portioning snacks and lunch items for preschool students
- Delivering food to preschool classrooms
- General kitchen cleaning and dishwashing
- Some batch cooking and food preparation, which does not require previous experience we will train
This part time position is typically scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Some additional hours for special events will be required.
Pay and Benefits
- $12 per hour
- Daytime hours no evenings or weekends except for occasional special events
- Free individual membership, which includes our Fitness Center and pools
- Free lunch when working
- On-the-job training provided
- Ability to follow directions
- Able to count, sort and organize inventory
- Willing to learn to use basic kitchen equipment
- Willing to learn basic food preparation skills
- Ability to stand for at least duration of five hour shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds for short distances
- Dexterity to type, serve, cut, lift, write and use hands and legs to complete the tasks of the position
About The J
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture. The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.