See all jobs in Waltham MA
Job Location: Waltham, MA
Job Description Summary
Academic Technology plays a critical, strategic role in Bentley's pursuit of educating creative, ethical and socially responsible organization leaders. The Academic Technology Center (ATC) was established to further Bentley's leadership in and strategic focus on the integration of technology and business, arts and sciences. The goal of the center is to enrich scholarly initiatives and student learning by empowering faculty with state-of-the-art academic, information, and communication resources.
The ideal candidate sits at the intersection of technical and UI design skills. He/she will assist in designing, maintaining, and supporting websites and other digital media for Bentley IT and the academic community. He/she will also help in the identification, selection, and integration of appropriate web-based instructional and research technologies. This involves designing, researching and/or deploying off-the-shelf applications/scripts/websites for all IT and academic initiatives including the department websites, the Bentley Library website, and the library catalog.
- Maintain and support websites using CMS frameworks for the entire IT division
- Use UX design principles to design websites and digital media to improve usability and user satisfaction
- Manage and maintain department's web and database servers
- Deploy and manage web projects from concept to completion ensuring goals are met at each stage of development
- Support academic requests for designing or acquiring materials for print, web, mixed reality, social media and video platforms (e.g. Infographics, Research Posters, graphics for online courses)
- Work with 3rd party API to integrate and design websites with existing systems
- Conform with University's branding guidelines and web standards
- Stay up to date on emerging trends in media forms, techniques, and applications for education
- Translate instructor concepts and contextual material into a wide range of online graphics or other illustrative resources
- Support institution's intranet portal landing page (MyBentley) through CMS
- Act as a service owner for academic websites like Faculty Profiles and SETs
- Work closely with Bentley's Application Team on integrations with enterprise systems
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of web content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal 8)
- Experience with visual design and information architecture to design digital media resources
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, digital accessibility and web analytics
- This role requires strategic thinking, innovative ideas, analytical/problem-solving skills; decision-making, design talent, a fundamental understanding of Internet technology, and a strong comfort level with technical concepts
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communications skills is must
- Ability to work independently or in teams and on concurrent multiple projects is essential as is a proactive approach
- Understanding of information architecture, visual interface design, responsive design, accessibility compliance (Section 508, WCAG 2.1), web analytics is preferred
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel around campus for meetings and other work related events
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.