GovernmentCIO is looking for an ambitious Senior Full Stack .Net Developer with experience in DevOps to join for the Enterprise Management Services contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Inspector General who will work collaboratively with stakeholders, Agile Scrum team members and other teams as appropriate in support of VA OIG. The candidate should be passionate and driven to solve real-world problems. You will be responsible for contributing to the architecture, design, and development across the full stack of software applications and tools for users.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas. The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them effectively to non-technical people. The successful candidate will be able to learn and maintain mental models for both the functional and technical structure of an enterprise application. The successful candidate will have the ablity to work independently and as a member of an integrated team demonstrating strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
The Senior .NET Developer will work with the Program Manager and Product Owners to engage with the customer in order to implement enhancements for a case management solution. The Developer will collaborate with team members to ensure there is a high standard of technical excellence across all team activities and make recommendations for the most effective application of technology to meet the customer's needs. Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multitask, and can work with product owners to understand and communicate program information.
The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards. The candidate will work with stakeholders as needed to specify and validate key functionalities. The candidate will also assist in troubleshooting production issues and work closely with team members (architects, stakeholders, operations, and testers) using Agile Scrum.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- 10+ years of related experience
- 5+years of hands on .NET development skills using both the Server and Client-side object models, Visual Studio 2017, C#, PowerShell, jQuery, REST Services, CSS, HTML.
- Expertise in ASP.NET Web Forms development
- Proven experience in: ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, .NET Remoting, .NET Threading, Web Services, XML
- Highly skilled in T-SQL Programming (e.g., Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks like XUnit, NUnit
- Experience with SharePoint Client Side Object Model (CSOM)
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure DevOps, including Build and Release management
- Experience developing web applications with section 508 compliance.
- Experience with git version control, including branching strategies.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 categories
- Experience writing automated unit test cases to support test driven development (TDD).
- Experience performing application and security code scans and supporting the remediation of scan findings, including Fortify SCA.
- Experience working with automated testing, build management, and automated deployment.
- Experience developing solutions leveraging taxonomy / metadata service.
- Experience developing custom search functions and templates.
- Experience with supporting teams utilizing Agile development methodology.
- Ability to analyze, independently research / troubleshoot technical issues, provide alternatives, and recommend solutions.
- Provide guidance, recommendations, and implementation for improved systems reliability.
- Partner with business and functional teams to analyze and define recommended solutions.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
Additional Experience and Knowledge a Plus:
- Working experience Selenium or similar toolset
- Prior experience working in a Federal government environment.
- Familiarity with jQuery, Bootstrap, Knockout, the Dependency Injection Pattern, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, MS Build, Jenkins.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.