Bay State Community Services
If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
Are you looking to make a difference during this COVID-19 Crisis? Do you want to help adolescents who need a caring adult? BSCS residential programs are looking for relief staff to care for the adolescents in our residential programs. Staff in the residential programs provide a homelike environment for a small group of youth, facilitate activities and are part of a team that is making a difference during the crisis.
What You Will Be Doing To Make a Difference...
- Supervise and maintain the safety of adolescents between the ages of 12-18
- Provide per diem shift coverage
- Delivers services in a culturally competent manner
- Supports youth with developing daily living skills
- Implement as required interventions associated with treatment and service plan goals
- Participates in de-escalation and physical interventions of youth when required
- Attendance must be regular, reliable, and punctual
- Implements and adheres to the behavioral support system of the program
- Acts as a positive role model for youth and coworkers, treating them with respect, dignity, understanding and fairness
- Dispenses medication in accordance with proper protocol, policies and procedures
- Must be available to work 3rd (awake overnight) shift or various combinations of these shifts depending on program needs, and candidate availability
- Bachelor's level degree in Human Services field or related field preferred but not required
- 1 year experience working with adolescents is preferred
- Residential experience preferred
- Experience with systems (e.g. DMH, DCF) preferred
- Additional languages desirable, though not required
- Able to learn, carry out and be certified in CPI physical interventions, and de-escalation techniques
- Able to learn, carry out and be certified in CPR and first aid
- Valid MA driver's license with acceptable driving record and current proof of insurance
- Acceptable CORI, SORI and DEEC background record check including fingerprinting
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems, that support a talented, and diverse workforce.