Bay State Community Services
Bay State Community Services (BSCS) is the safety net agency that is committed to helping those most in need. If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
Job Developer is responsible for providing client services regarding employment. These include strategies for looking for work; developing sound interviewing skills; resume preparation; appropriate personal presentation at interview; telephone techniques and any other job related skill that is deemed necessary.
What You Will Be Doing to Make A Difference...
- Present psychoeducational curriculum to clients as scheduled with a focus on vocational and life skills
- Facilitate process/discussion groups regarding material covered in classes listed above
- Be pro-active in developing procedures for helping clients obtain interviews
- Develop a working relationship with local employers who are willing to hire our clients
- Attend job fairs and conferences where suitable contacts can be made
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of services delivered, as instructed by your supervisor
- Participate in all clinical discussions regarding client progress, as directed by your supervisor
- Learn and demonstrate respect for the roles of other agencies (Sheriff's Department, Parole, Probation, etc.) at your site; our job is to be a resource to these other agencies
- Respect boundaries between treatment and security
Bay State Community Services recognizes all the hard work of our staff and provides outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- BENEFITS START DAY One!!!!!
- 3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation after 2 years of service
- 11 paid holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Life and AD&D Insurance, and Long-term Disability (LTD)
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
- Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their job responsibility
- Parking reimbursement for all employees that are required to conduct business for BSCS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan
- Free Weekly Online Trainings
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Rehabilitative Counseling, Counseling or Human Services required
- Minimum of 2 years teaching or counseling experience required
- Expected to be familiar with local resources and model pro-social behavior
- Valid MA driver's license with acceptable driving record and current proof of insurance
- Acceptable CORI and SORI background record check as required by program
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems, that support a talented, and diverse workforce.