Mechanical Engineers create detailed engineering drawings, specifications and technical requirements. Position reviews design documents for accuracy, completeness & constructability & creates Bills of Material (BOMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Design & revision of AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D industrial equipment with Bill of Materials (BOM) creation.
- Document design narratives and engineering analysis
- Capable of conveyance, structural support steel, automation, thermal expansion, production facility, environment (including detailing parts) system layout and machine design.
- Travel to job sites to conduct equipment health assessments and trouble-shoot and perform field verifications of drawings as needed (typically not more than 1-2 days/month but can be needed for longer trips to client locations occasionally).
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- 10+ years' experience in related mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent in an industrial design build environment in the automotive and/or fiberglass insulation manufacturing industries.
- Fluency in AutoCAD inventor and vault required.
- Experience in Solidworks, Inventor and/or Demo 3D software a plus.
- Strong mechanical understanding of industrial fabrication processes, CAD & modeling required.
- Strong Microsoft Suites and Microsoft Teams experience required.
Work Environment: Office environment unless traveling to client's plant which could include varied temperatures, dust, dirt and steel toe boot requirements.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability