See all jobs in Lockport NY
Job Location: Lockport, NY
Type Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS), DePaul Properties
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! The Packet Boat Landing Apartments, located in Lockport, NY, are now hiring for a part-time Front Desk Assistant.The Front Desk Assistant welcomes all guests and assists them with their needs in a kind and courteous manner.
- Welcomes all guests, residents, providers and families in a prompt, caring and positive manner.
- Able to communicate effectively with persons speaking English as well as ASL (RVA or where applicable). Listen and respond to resident requests promptly and cheerfully.
- Receive all incoming calls and route them appropriately. Document accurate messages for staff whenever they are unavailable to take calls.
- Provide tours of the building to families and potential residents as requested.
- Driving/transporting Residents/Tenants and shuttle to bus stops as needed.
- Walk around site for rounds to ensure doors are closed, lights off in unused rooms etc.
- Assists with common space activities, events and set up as needed.
- Maintain a neat and welcoming environment within the reception area.
- Assists tenants, vendors, staff and visitors as needed with connecting with persons or items they are on site for.
- Assist any tenant, visitor or staff with concerns they may have by contacting appropriate people to assist.
- Assist in performing clerical duties to aid in the effective and efficient operation of programs, including scheduling of community space and transportation needs of tenants.
- Knowledgeable of site specifics to provide appropriate answers if staff are unavailable.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services as requested.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community.
Education : High School diploma with business school training preferred.
Experience : Keyboard skills and a knowledge of general office procedures required. Must have an ability to interact in a positive manner with staff, residents and guests. Bi-lingual English and American Sign Language (ASL) (RVA or where applicable) preferred.
Other : This position requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy.
Please note, this part-time position is 32 hours/week.