American Public Works Association (APWA) serves professionals in all aspects of public works by providing networking, professional development, and volunteer opportunities for its members. The Sr. Manager of Accreditation is a key contributor to help drive the growth and ongoing support of our Accredited Public Works Agencies in North America.
You'll Love it Here If You
- Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
- Have a creative and innovative style
- Have a high bar for excellence and attention to the details
- Believe that teamwork leads to success
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Love to work with volunteers
About the Sr. Manager of Accreditation Role:
This position will be responsible for the overall program management of the APWA Accreditation program by providing leadership, governance, program management and technical support to the participants in the Accreditation program. This position will also identify potential new markets with the goal to grow the Accreditation program as well as working the current accredited agencies throughout the entire Accreditation process. As part of the Accreditation program, this position has a training component for both the volunteer accreditation evaluators and workshops for agencies that are interested in the Accreditation program.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with members or volunteer groups, be self-motivated, works well in a fast-paced environment and be eager to work as part of a collaborative team. Our future contributor should thrive under pressure, operate with a process improvement mentality and have a passion for strengthening relationships, coordinating logistics and delivering an outstanding member experience.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of public works experience, city government administration or association management
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to make recommendations and influence senior executives and decision makers
- Project management experience
- Willing and ability to travel up to approximately 10+ times per year with potential weekend travel
What Will Differentiate You
- Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and association
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of individuals including volunteers
- Public Works, Association or Credentialing Program Management
- Resilient: a proven track record in implementing flexible solutions in a changing learning environment
We're proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at APWA contributes to advancing the quality of life for others as we support those who operate, improve and maintain public works and infrastructure. With supporting over 30,000 members across North America, we're always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
We offer competitive compensation, insurance and retirement benefits. Along with investing in the APWA staff with professional development opportunities, APWA offers leave time and a flexible work culture.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH AUGUST 20, 2021.