Pre-Media Mooresville, NC
This position is part of a larger creative services team and in this role, the graphic designer will help ideate and create the design for multiple outputs. The creative team develops a variety of collateral for the home improvement industry. All creative efforts are coordinated with the client to maintain the integrity of the approved designs and themes. The Designer must thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects within a corporate setting.
Packaging experience is a must.
Retail experience is a big plus.
- Work is typically performed under supervision, with guidance about overall goals and objectives.
- Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Develops creative and graphic concepts in collaboration with assigned team.
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production.
- Interacts regularly with creative leadership, creative partners and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects
- Maintains and enhances the clients identity by working within multiple Brands
- Receives feedback from management and uses that feedback to grow skills
- Solves business challenges through smart creative design
- Takes ownership of projects, and successfully executes through all stages of creative development on target, on time and on budget
- Understands the clients design needs and methodology
- Effective communication with peers, senior management and clients across all topics from business to creative.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 2+ years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Possesses a strong developing portfolio of imaginative work
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and Adobe CC.
- New ideas, great design sense, copywriting skills (a plus)
- Organizational skills, adaptability and composure under fire are equally important
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective client and internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute the work according to the customers needs
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer